Head of IR and Business Development
Business Development and Marketing Specialist
Public Relations Specialist
Phone: (+40) (21) 307 95 00
How to get listed
When it comes to issuing bonds, the list of requirements is much shorter than in the case of shares and basically only covers the value of the bonds issuance. For the Main Market, the bonds have to be issued for at least EUR 200,000. However, lower values are also allowed but they require ASF’s special approval.
At the same time, there is no minimum value imposed on the bonds issued on the AeRO market. To read more about issuing shares on AeRO, click here.
How to get listed
There are two ways through which you can issue bonds on the Bucharest Stock Exchange’s Main Market:
Public Offering – the most common way to attract a broad investor’s base is through a public offering, dedicated to all investors, both retail and institutional. It refers to the first sale of bonds to the public and listing of these bonds on a stock exchange. A prospectus approved by ASF is mandatory and will serve both the public offering and the admission to the Main Market.
Private Placement – is an offering of bonds to a limited number of investors, which may be used to distribute newly-issued bonds prior to the listing. A set of conditions must be met in order to perform a private placement, one of which is the maximum number of investors targeted by the offering, 149 or less. No prospectus is needed for this operation. A listing prospectus will be required at a later stage, when the company submits the request of listing the bonds on the Main Market to the ASF.
The costs of issuing bonds on Bucharest Stock Exchange’s Main Market are not fixed and involve the following fees:
- Broker fees, for the preparation of the prospectus
- ASF fee, which equals percentage of the offering
- ASF fee for registering securities
- Central Depository fees
- Bucharest Stock Exchange fees, which are specified below
An issuer of bonds is charged with two fees prior to the listing of its bonds, i.e. the processing fee and the listing fee, and one annual maintenance fee, payable starting after the first year of listing of the bonds. Municipalities will pay only the processing fee and the annual maintenance fee.
Selective data regarding the fees charged to bond issuers by, BVB only, is presented below. The admission, upgrade and maintenance fees are calculated based on the value of the issuance or the principal when the payment obligation comes due. Fees are presented in RON and are VAT exclusive.
There may be other costs related to the listing, charged by third parties, such as FSA, intermediary, advisors or auditors.
See the full list of fees
Government bonds for retail investors
- The 10th primary offer for the sale of government bonds for the retail investors (FIDELIS) starting with 2020 (December 5 – 19, 2022)
- Attracted a total of RON 853.9mn and EUR 162.7mn:
R2312B – RON 643.2mn.at a fixed interest of 7.65% p.a., payable on a yearly basis (1yr maturity);
R2512A – RON 210.6mn.at a fixed interest of 8% p.a., payable on a yearly basis (3yrs maturity);
R2312AE – EUR 65.4mn. at a fixed interest of 2.7% p.a., payable on a yearly basis (1 year maturity).
R2412AE – EUR 97.3mn. at a fixed interest of 3.7% p.a., payable on a yearly basis (2 years maturity).
- Through the ten offers carried out in the period 2020 - 2022, the Ministry of Finance attracted RON 15.2bn (almost EUR 3.1bn) from retail investors
- The offer in December 2022 was carried out by the Consortium formed by BT Capital Partners (Lead Manager&Intermediary) and Banca Transilvania (Distribution Group), BCR, BRD and Alpha Bank Romania (Intermediaries).
Libra Internet Bank
- Libra Internet Bank’s third bonds issue listed on Bucharest Stock Exchange
- Private placement carried out in July 2022.
- The bank attracted EUR 4.2mn. The bonds have a fixed interest of 6.5% p.a., payable on a half-yearly basis (10yrs maturity).
- The placement and listing of the bonds were assisted by TradeVille.
Raiffeisen Bank – sustainable bonds
- Raiffeisen Bank’s second issue of sustainable bonds listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange.
- The sixth issue of bonds issued by Raiffeisen Bank and listed on BVB. The six issues have a cumulative value of over RON 3.3bn.
- Private placement carried out in October 2021.
- The bank attracted RON 325.5mn. The bonds have a fixed interest of 9.404% p.a., payable on a annually basis (5yrs maturity).