Directive 2004/39/EC was implemented in the Romanian law by:
- Law no. 297/2004 on capital markets
- NSC Regulation no. 1/2006 on issuers and operations with securities
- NSC Regulation no. 2/2006 on regulated markets and alternative trading systems
- Government emergency ordinance no. 32/2012 on undertakings for the collective investment in transferable securities and investment management companies and for the amendment and supplementation of Law no. 297/2004 on capital markets
- NSC Regulation no. 32/2006 regarding financial investment services
- Government emergency ordinance no. 99/2006 on credit institutions and capital adequacy.
Directive 2004/39/EC is repealed with effect from 3 January 2017. Starting with 3 January 2017 Directive 2014/165/UE will apply.